Enjoy a mindful snowshoeing short break in the French Alps, only 75 minutes from Geneva airport. Experience the joy of a real winter wonderland, off the beaten track in the peace and serenity of the snow-covered mountains.
This winter break is intended to introduce you to mindful snowshoeing – feeling fully aware of your movements and sensations as you explore and connect with your beautiful natural surroundings. You will learn how to leave interfering thoughts behind, to enable your mind and body to feel energised, relaxed and fully present.
No previous experience is necessary. If you can walk, you can snowshoe. You need to be fit enough to enjoy a full day’s walking, with plenty of breaks. Your mountain guide will introduce you to the simple equipment you’ll be using.
You’ll live in comfort and style with no more than 7 other people at top-rated chalet Maison la Cerisaie – in the beautiful French mountain village of Sixt Fer à Cheval.
The retreat is co-facilitated by Alps Retreats founder and mindfulness teacher Sally-Anne Airey and mountain guide Arno de Jong. Sally-Anne will introduce you to proven techniques for developing mental calm, physical relaxation and awareness whilst in motion. These can be applied both on the mountain and anywhere else, any time.
The mindful snowshoeing retreat includes
- A preparatory phone call with Sally-Anne
- 3 nights’ accommodation in a luxury Alpine chalet
- Delicious breakfast, afternoon tea and 3-course dinner with beer and wine
- Return transfer from Geneva airport and all local transport (please book flights that arrive 12.00-14.00 on day 1 and leave from 19.00 on day 4)
- 2 whole days’ accompanied mindful snowshoeing with Arno and Sally-Anne
- 2 mindfulness sessions with Sally-Anne
- Hire of snowshoes and trekking poles
- One whole body massage
- Luxury hot tub
Flights, travel insurance.
To be decided – Contact us if you’re interested
|Private ensuite luxury room||750€ – 900€ per person|
|Shared twin or double ensuite room||575€ per person|