Enjoy a mindful skiing or snowboarding weekend in the Grand Massif ski area, only 75 minutes from Geneva airport. Experience skiing or snowboarding in a new way. Learn to leave interfering thoughts behind in a cloud of snow from every turn.
This long weekend in the mountains is an introduction to mindful skiing and snowboarding. This means skiing or snowboarding in flow – feeling fully present and aware of your movements, sensations and surroundings – in some of the best snow on the mountain.
You live in comfort and style with 7 other people at top-rated chalet Maison la Cerisaie – in the beautiful French mountain village of Sixt Fer a Cheval.
The retreat is facilitated by Sally-Anne Airey and Benjamin Cox. Ben is a teacher of Tai Chi and Qigong and practitioner in Chinese medicine. Ben and Sally-Anne teach proven techniques for developing mental calm, physical relaxation and awareness whilst in motion.
These can be applied both on the ski slopes and anywhere else, any time.
To get a taste of what you’ll experience, watch this video from our mindful skiing retreat in January 2018:
Paying attention to the present moment and noticing what’s happening with your thoughts and emotions allows you to experience snow sports in a new way, enabling mind and body to feel energised and relaxed.
The emphasis of this mindful skiing break is on focusing attention and awareness and on quality of sensation, rather than on speed or adrenaline rush. It is for skiers and boarders who are comfortable on red pistes.
The mindful skiing weekend includes
- Preparatory phone call with Sally-Anne
- 4 nights’ accommodation in a luxury Alpine chalet
- Delicious breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner with beer and wine
- Return transfer from Geneva airport and all local transport (please book flights that arrive 12.00-14.00 on day 1 and leave from 19.00 on day 5)
- 3 days’ accompanied mindful skiing / snowboarding, including all day Saturday with a high mountain guide
- Embodied mindfulness teaching and practice
- One Chinese massage
- Luxury hot tub
Flights, travel insurance, ski passes, equipment hire.
15-19 January 2020
|Private ensuite luxury room||750€ – 900€ per person|
|Shared twin or double ensuite room||575€ per person|